Loire Valley Bike Tour
Discover the Château Chenonceau, Château Azay le Rideau, Château Amboise and beautiful Saumur on one, guided Loire Valley bike tour. Start in Blois, France before your experienced tour guides take you to an enchanted castle and through lush vineyards. The Loire à Vélo leads you on paved bike trails along the Loire River to ancient castles before you arrive in Chinon. Join us today to bike along the Cher River, try French goat cheese and taste Loire Valley wine.
You ride your bike occasionally.Moderate:
You ride your bike on a monthly basis.
Download our itinerary today!
Highlights of your Loire Valley bike tour
- Meet your experienced tour guides in downtown Blois before your first bike ride in the Loire Valley.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire, one of the most famous Châteaux of the Loire Valley.
- Cycle along La Loire à Vélo, a designated bike path on the EuroVélo 6.
- Cycle to the Château d’Ussé before you stroll through Amboise, a town where the royal court once lived.
- Take a self guided tour of the Château du Clos Lucé, where Leonardo da Vinci stayed between 1516 and 1519.
- Bike to the Château de Chenonceau, a castle dating back to the Renaissance and spanning over the Cher River.
- Tour the gardens of the Château de Villandry, a World Heritage Site.
- Ride your bicycle to the Château d’Azay-le-Rideau, a French chateau set on a island on L’Indre.
- During a fine wine tasting, taste Loire Valley wine and fresh goat cheese.
- Enjoy a night on your own and stroll through Chinon located along the Vienne River.
- Take a bike ride along the Loire River and through the vineyards of Saumur.
Choose a date to explore the Loire by bike
Make a date private
Private guided bike tours are for those looking to travel exclusively with their group of friends. For a private biking trip, choose one of our regularly schedule travel dates and make it exclusively for you or contact us to choose your own departure date. Our private cycling trips cost an extra $500 per person.
Manoir Saint Thomas
Amboise (2 nights)
Château de Marçay
Marçay (2 nights)
Chateau de Verrieres
Saumur (1 night)
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 4 dinners
- Multiples daily routes
- A fully equipped DIGnGO touring bike and gear
- Water bottle, helmet, Garmin GPS and saddle bag
- 1 leader for every 5 guests
- Snack & drinks during the day
- Gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Guided tours, tastings and entrance fees
- A leader offering minivan support
- Luggage transfers
- Minivan transfers during the trip
- Local guides and experts
- An email a few days prior to your trip
Available bike options
Touring bike (included)
Weight: 10,35 kg
Road bike ($400 rental fee)
Brand: Scott or similar
Weight: 8,5 kg
Electric bike ($150 rental fee)
Weight: 4.0 kg