Alsace Bike Tour
On this guided bike tour in Alsace, you ride along the Route des Vins d’Alsace. Start in downtown Strasbourg and transfer to the nearby Vosges Mountains for your first bike ride. Ride through beautiful Riquewihr, lovely Eguisheim and charming Ribeauville. Finally, end your cycling trip in downtown Colmar. Join us today to ride along the Alsace Wine Route and the romantic Rhine River as you sip on white wine.
You ride your bike occasionally.Moderate:
You ride your bike on a monthly basis.Intermediate:
You ride your bike on a weekly basis.Active:
You ride your bike on a daily basis.Avid:
You ride your bike for long period of time.
Download our itinerary today!
Highlights of your Alsace wine route itinerary
- Start your bike tour in downtown Strasbourg, famous for its historic quarter, the Petite France.
- For your first bike ride in Alsace, a region in the north east of France, travel to Obernai, a medieval town with timbered-houses.
- Take a guided tour of a winery dating back to 1732.
- Ride your bicycle along the Route des Vins, a scenic route dotted with medieval castles and small villages.
- Pass by the Haut-Koenigsbourg, a fortress dating back to the 12th centry and overlooking the Route des vins d’Alsace.
- In Eguisheim, taste traditional Alsatian Wines: Gewürztraminer, Sylvaner, Pinot Gris and Riesling.
- Stroll through Riquewhir, one of the most beautiful medieval villages in France.
- Take a self-guided tour of Ribeauvillé, a fairy-tale town in eastern France.
- Cycle along the EuroVelo 5 and arrive in Colmar, a town dating back to the 13th century.
- Cross the Rhine, a legendary river and discover a famous wine region in Germany.
- Dine at the only 3 Michelin-starred restaurant you’ll find on a guided bike tour.
- End your bike trip in downtown Colmar.
Choose a date to discover the Alsace wine route by bike
Make a date private
Private guided bike tours are for those looking to travel exclusively with their group of friends. For a private biking trip, choose one of our regularly schedule travel dates and make it exclusively for you or contact us to choose your own departure date. Our private cycling trips cost an extra $500 per person.
Hotel Le Parc
Obernai (2 nights)
Kaysersberg (2 nights)
Hotel des Berges
Illhaeusern (1 night)
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 4 dinners
- Multiples daily routes
- A fully equipped DIGnGO touring bike and gear
- Water bottle, helmet, Garmin GPS and saddle bag
- 1 leader for every 5 guests
- Snack & drinks during the day
- Gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Guided tours, tastings and entrance fees
- A leader offering minivan support
- Luggage transfers
- Minivan transfers during the trip
- Local guides and experts
- An email a few days prior to your trip
Available bike options
Touring bike (included)
Weight: 10,35 kg
Road bike ($400 rental fee)
Brand: Scott or similar
Weight: 8,5 kg
Electric bike ($150 rental fee)
Weight: 4.0 kg