Loire Valley Family Bike Tour
Experience a Loire Valley cycling tour that includes fairy-tale castles, rural backroads and picturesque villages in a single inclusive family vacation. Our guided cycling tour takes you on an easy bike ride through the Loire chateaux. You visit Chateau Villandry, cycle along the Loire River and tour Chateau Chenonceau. Join this extremely family friendly Loire Valley bike tour and visit those ancient castles along the Loire à Vélo.
You ride your bike occasionally.Moderate:
You ride your bike on a monthly basis.Intermediate:
You ride your bike on a weekly basis.
|Price||$2,898 (sgl.: +$698)|
Download our itinerary today!
Highlights of your Loire Valley family bike trip
- Stroll through the Château de Villandry, a castle famous for its famous Renaissance gardens.
- Bike to Azay-le-Rideau, a jewel of Renaissance architecture.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Chateau d’Ussé, a fairy-tale castle.
- Stroll through Chinon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site dominated by a medieval fortress.
- Cycle to the Château de Chenonceau, a castle known as the “Ladies’ Château”.
- Kids and adults enjoy a stunning canoe ride on the Cher River.
- Stroll through Amboise, an historic town dominated by a royal castle.
- Bike along the Loire and amongst lush vineyards until you reach the Château de Chaumont.
- End your family friendly vacation in the Loire valley, in Tours.
Choose a date for biking in the Loire Valley
Private guided bike tours are for those looking to travel exclusively with their group of friends. For a private biking trip, choose one of our regularly schedule travel dates and make it exclusively for you or contact us to choose your own departure date. Our private cycling trips cost an extra $500 per person.
Château de Rochecotte
Coteaux-sur-Loire (1 night)
Logis Hôtel Imago
La Roche-Clermault (2 nights)
Le Clos d’Amboise
Amboise (2 nights)
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 4 dinners
- Multiples daily routes
- A fully equipped DIGnGO touring bike and gear
- Water bottle, helmet, Garmin GPS and saddle bag
- 1 leader for every 5 guests
- Snack & drinks during the day
- Gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Guided tours, tastings and entrance fees
- A leader offering minivan support
- Luggage transfers
- Minivan transfers during the trip
- Local guides and experts
- An email a few days prior to your trip
Available bike options
Touring bike (included)
Weight: 10,35 kg
Road bike ($400 rental fee)
Brand: Scott or similar
Weight: 8,5 kg
Electric bike ($150 rental fee)
Weight: 4.0 kg