Dordogne Family Bike Tour
Treat the whole family to cycling in Dordogne. Explore the beautiful Dordogne Valley on a bike ride that includes medieval Sarlat, the Black Perigord, the meandering River Dordogne and Rocamadour. Join us today as our family bike tour in Dordogne takes you past Domme, La Roque-Gageac and Beynac-et-Cazenac, all in one family cycling vacation.
You ride your bike occasionally.Moderate:
You ride your bike on a monthly basis.Intermediate:
You ride your bike on a weekly basis.
|Price||$2,898 (sgl.: +$698)|
Download our itinerary today!
Highlights of your Dordogne family bike trip
- Cycle along the river Dordogne and through the Perigord Noir.
- In the Vezere Valley, tour a cave with engravings dating back to 14,000 BC.
- Kids get to tour an historic village, carefully reconstructed like in 1900.
- Cycle to la Roque-Gageac, one of Les Plus Beaux Villages de France.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Château de Beynac, sitting 200 meters above the Dordogne.
- Stroll through Sarlat, a town widely known as the capital of the Perigord.
- Join us for a tour of the Moulin de Cougnaget, a 13th century fortified windmill.
- Try fresh foie gras, a regional dish in Dordogne.
- Stroll through Rocamadour, a 12th century village on a cliff’s edge.
- Kids and adults get to enjoy a stunning canoe ride down the river Dordogne.
Choose a date for biking in Dordogne
Private guided bike tours are for those looking to travel exclusively with their group of friends. For a private biking trip, choose one of our regularly schedule travel dates and make it exclusively for you or contact us to choose your own departure date. Our private cycling trips cost an extra $500 per person.
Mauzac-et-Grand-Castang (2 nights)
Hotel de la Madeleine
Sarlat (1 night)
Le Pont de L’Ouysse
Lacave (2 nights)
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 4 dinners
- Multiples daily routes
- A fully equipped DIGnGO touring bike and gear
- Water bottle, helmet, Garmin GPS and saddle bag
- 1 leader for every 5 guests
- Snack & drinks during the day
- Gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Guided tours, tastings and entrance fees
- A leader offering minivan support
- Luggage transfers
- Minivan transfers during the trip
- Local guides and experts
- An email a few days prior to your trip
Available bike options
Touring bike (included)
Weight: 10,35 kg
Road bike ($400 rental fee)
Brand: Scott or similar
Weight: 8,5 kg
Electric bike ($150 rental fee)
Weight: 4.0 kg