Choosing the right bike tour company can be a daunting task. There are so many things to consider – equipment, tour guides, knowledge of the region, road side support, accommodations, reviews, and extra costs. But with a little research, you can find the perfect company for your next biking adventure.
Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing a bike tour company:
1. Tour type – There are many different types of bike tours, from one-day trips to multi-day adventures. Decide what type of tour you’re looking for before narrowing down your options.
2. Knowledge of the region: It’s important that the company you choose has a good understanding of the area you’ll be touring. This way, they can make sure you stay on safe routes and avoid any dangerous areas. Usually companies that are based in the country / region or on the continent your are visiting have better knowledge of the area that any other company.
3. Tour guides: Choose a company with experienced and knowledgeable tour guides. They should be able to answer any questions you have about the route and the area.
4. Group size – Some companies specialize in small group tours, while others cater to larger groups. Choose a company that will offer the right sized tour for your needs.
5. Tour route – Make sure the company you choose offers tours that fit your interests and riding abilities.
6. Road side support: Find a company that offers road side support in case of a flat tire or other mechanical issue. This can be a lifesaver!
7. Equipment: Make sure the company has high-quality bikes that are well-maintained. You don’t want to be stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire!
8. Hotels / accommodations: Our recommendation it to always ask about the accommodations the company offers. Some companies select hotels based on the quality, location and charm of the hotels (those are the companies we recommend). Others select them based on the number of rooms they have (because they do tours with large groups and need many rooms). Others list multiple hotels for one single night because they don’t book hotel ahead of time. If you are lucky you will end up in a good hotel but if you are not you will end up in a hotel that doesn’t match the standard of the price you paid. In the end, our recommendation is to always look at the hotel review and don’t be fooled by the number of stars.
9. Reviews: Be sure to read reviews of the company before booking a tour. This will give you an idea of what others have thought of their experience.
10. Extra costs: Make sure you understand all of the costs associated with the tour, including transportation, food, and lodging. There should be no surprises!
By keeping these things in mind, you can be sure to choose the right bike tour company for your next adventure. Bon voyage!
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.